Lily's Blog

“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.” -John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Austin, Texas

March25

I live in the sunny place of Austin, Tx. There are so many things you can do and so many sights you can see. Austin would be a great place for any family to visit.

First of all, Austin is the music Capitol of United States. So, if you are looking for great live music, you have come to the right place. Every year Austin hosts ACL or Austin City Limits and SXSW or South by South West. ACL is hosted downtown every year. All kinds of musicians gather and play on one of the many stages so there is sure to be a band or singer you like. This past year (2013) we had Vampire Weekend, Passion Pit, Fun., and many more. SXSW is held yearly where musicians and other celebrities come gather and have a good time. Tickets may be expensive but you can see people like your favorite YouTuber to your favorite musician. This year Tyler Oakley, Zac Efron and Seth Myers were all there. If you love music I’m sure you will love Austin.

Another reason Austin is a good place to visit is the outdoor scene. Downtown there is a place called Zilker Park. It is a spacious place for everyone to come and enjoy the outdoor weather. Pack a picnic and your family is set for a beautiful day. There’s miles of green grass and beautiful trees. You can bring kites and other activities… And even dogs. In Zilker Park, there is Lady Bird Lake. Lady Bird Lake it astonishing, clear blue water running on for miles. A fun thing to do at Lady Bird Lake is to go to the Rowing Dock- a dock where you can rent kayaks, canoes, boats, and paddle boards for the day. Hop on a kayak with you family and you can go down to Red Bud Isle. A small island with hiking trails, places for a picnic and a good time. Or you can go in the opposite direction and go closer to downtown. And, if your around at the right time of year, you can hear all of the music from SXSW and ACL from you kayak. The outdoor scene is gorgeous and will guarantee you with a good time.

All around, Austin is a great place to visit; filled with a breathe taking outdoor scene and lots of live music. I hope you decide to come to visit he Capitol of the Lone Star State.

by posted under Things For Fun | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“Austin, Texas”

1. March 31st, 2014 at 6:42 pm      Reply Mrs. C. Says:

Wow! I love to travel, so after reading your post I just added Austin to my list of places to visit. What a fabulous description. You might consider submitting it to a travel blog like Tripadvisor.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Recent Comments

Skip to toolbar